JANUARY CHAT SCHEDULE:
Global Student Chat Live: Tuesday January 10th, 1:00PM – 1:30PM EST
Slow Chat: All month long!
Subscribe to the Global Student Chat YouTube Channel to receive a notification and link when we go live!
GLOBAL STUDENT CHAT LIVE: JAN. 10TH AT 1:00PM
JANUARY CHAT QUESTIONS:
Smart Phones vs. Smart People
- Do our phones make us smarter or take away our capacity to think? How so?
- How might the new Chat GPT AI tool disrupt education and learning?
- What if there were no more smart phones tomorrow? What impact would that have on you?
- How do people use their phones to access the world around them in a way that was never possible before?
- What is more valuable to society, smart phones or smart people?
*The same questions will be used for the Slow Chat all month long. We recommend classes spend time answering the questions ahead of time so time during the chat can be spent liking tweets, retweeting, quoting tweets in reply, and collaborating with others.
Global Student Chat Live Expert on Panel:
Anne Collier is a writer, youth rights advocate, and adviser to social media platforms on digital safety and wellbeing. She founded and runs the nonprofit Net Safety Collaborative and has been blogging at NetFamilyNews.org since 1999 (before there were blogs – she made her own Website). She works closely with researchers and other nonprofits to get young people’s perspectives into policymaking on safety and well-being in tech and media.