K-12 Tweet and Talk: Tuesday April 12th, 1:00PM – 1:30PM EDT
K-12 Slow Chat: All month long!
Subscribe to the GlobalEdSsChat YouTube Channel to receive a notification and link when we go live!
TWEET & TALK *LIVE APRIL 12TH, 1:00PM EDT
CHAT QUESTIONS: PEER PRESSURE
- Why is peer pressure an especially strong force in the life of a teenager? Why is it more common for them to give into peer pressure?
- Is there such a thing as positive peer pressure?
- What is the most creative way to respond to “but, everyone is doing it”?
- What are some things you can do to protect yourself and others from (negative) peer pressure?
- Is peer pressure a fact of life, or can it be eliminated? Should it be eliminated?
*The same questions will be used for the Slow Chat all month long. We recommend classes spend time answering the questions ahead of time so time during the chat can be spent liking tweets, retweeting, quoting tweets in reply, and collaborating with others.
Tweet and Talk Expert on Panel: Erin Kim
Erin Kim is a third-year student studying at Rotman Commerce within the University of Toronto, with a Specialist in Management. As a recipient of Rotman’s ‘Building Canadian Leaders ’65’ Scholarship, she is actively involved in her school community. She has a great passion for self-care and learning through others. As a dedicated mental health advocator, Erin’s goal is to break the stigma surrounding mental health and prioritize students’ wellbeing. She is also a huge musical theatre fan who has many years of experience both on and off the stage. She hopes to promote #GlobalEDSsChat through various social media platforms, as she firmly believes that students should have the opportunity to voice their opinions beyond the scope of the classroom. She is looking forward to building new relationships with students around the world through Twitter discussions!
Connect with us on Twitter @GlobalEdSsChat