K-12 Tweet and Talk: Tuesday Oct 26th, 1:00PM – 1:30PM EDT
K-12 Slow Chat: All month long!
Subscribe to the GlobalEdSsChat YouTube Channel to receive a notification and link when we go live!
TWEET & TALK *LIVE OCT 26TH, 1:00PM EDT
CHAT QUESTIONS: CITIZENSHIP IN TODYA’S DIGITAL WORLD
- What does digital citizenship mean to you?
- How can you be a positive digital citizen in today’s world?
- What does the hashtag #UseTech4Good mean to you? How do you #UseTech4Good?
- Who do you go to for advice about how to deal with digital dilemmas?
- What is something your school has done/ could have done to help teach and model digital citizenship?
*The same questions will be used for the Slow Chat all month long. We recommend classes spend time answering the questions ahead of time so time during the chat can be spent liking tweets, retweeting, quoting tweets in reply, and collaborating with others.
Tweet and Talk Expert on Panel:
Matthew Johnson is the Director of Education for MediaSmarts, Canada’s center for digital and media literacy. He is the author of many of MediaSmarts’ resources including its Use, Understand, Create: Digital Literacy Framework for Canadian K-12 Schools. He has served as on expert panels convened by the Canadian Pediatric Society, the Canadian Standards Association and the Sex Information & Education Council of Canada, consulted on provincial curriculum for the Ontario Ministry of Education, and been interviewed by outlets such as The Globe and Mail, BBC News Magazine, The Christian Science Monitor, Radio Canada International and CBC’s The National.
Meet the GlobalEdSsChat Leadership Team!
Connect with us on Twitter @GlobalEdSsChat