APRIL CHAT SCHEDULE:
K-12 Tweet and Talk: Tuesday April 6th, 1:00PM – 1:30PM EST
K-12 Slow Chat: All month long!
Subscribe to the GlobalEdSsChat YouTube Channel to receive a notification and link when we go live!
TWEET AND TALK *LIVE APRIL 6TH AT 1:00PM
APRIL CHAT QUESTIONS: PROTECTING OURSELVES ONLINE
- Describe a time when you’ve felt unsafe online? What did you do to feel safe again?
- What actions do you take to keep yourself safe online? What tools can you use?
- Do you think it’s ok to create a false identity online? Why or why not?
- Why is protecting yourself online more important now than ever before?
- Why is it important that younger people have their social media monitored by their parents?
*The same questions will be used for the Slow Chat all month long. We recommend classes spend time answering the questions ahead of time so time during the chat can be spent liking tweets, retweeting, quoting tweets in reply, and collaborating with others.
Tweet and Talk Expert on Panel: Matthew Johnson, Director of Education @ MediaSmarts
Matthew Johnson is the Director of Education for MediaSmarts, Canada’s center for digital and media literacy. He is the author of many of MediaSmarts’ resources including its Use, Understand, Create: Digital Literacy Framework for Canadian K-12 Schools. He has served as on expert panels convened by the Canadian Pediatric Society, the Canadian Standards Association and the Sex Information & Education Council of Canada, consulted on provincial curriculum for the Ontario Ministry of Education, and been interviewed by outlets such as The Globe and Mail, BBC News Magazine, The Christian Science Monitor, Radio Canada International and CBC’s The National.
Meet the GlobalEdSsChat Leadership Team!
Connect with us on Twitter @GlobalEdSsChat