MEDIA LITERACY WEEK OCTOBER CHAT SCHEDULE:
K-12 Tweet and Talk*: Tuesday October 27th, 1:00PM – 1:30PM EST
K-12 Slow Chat: All month long!
If you are new to #GlobalEdSsChat, Start Here!
Detailed information about our chats can be found here.
Subscribe to the GlobalEdSsChat YouTube Channel to receive a notification and link when we go live!
TWEET AND TALK *LIVE OCTOBER 27TH AT 1:00PM
OCTOBER CHAT QUESTIONS: #BecomingDigitalLeaders
1. What are the qualities of a digital citizen? A digital leader? (How do you become a digital leader?)
2. What responsibilities do you have as a digital citizen? A digital leader?
3. Why is being a digital leader important, and how can it affect your future?
4. Why do you think we need digital leaders?
5. Describe a time when you were positively influenced by someone else’s leadership online? (Tag or give a shout out to someone you think is modelling this for others)
*The same questions will be used for the Slow Chat all month long. We recommend classes spend time answering the questions ahead of time so time during the chat can be spent liking tweets, retweeting, quoting tweets in reply, and collaborating with others.
Tweet and Talk Expert on Panel: Jennifer Casa-Todd
Jennifer Casa-Todd is wife, mom, a Teacher-Librarian and a former Literacy Consultant. Jennifer is the author of the books, Social LEADia and Raising Digital Leaders. She has a Masters in Curriculum and Technology with a specialization in Digital Citizenship, student voice, and social media in education. She is a global keynote speaker and ISTE Digital Citizenship PLN award winner (2020). She is a Google Certified Innovator and the co-founder of the Global Education Student Chat along with Leigh. She is passionate about showing teachers and students how they can use technology and social media to make the world a better place.
Connect with Jennifer Casa-Todd on Twitter @JCasaTodd
MediaSmarts is a Canadian not-for-profit charitable organization for digital and media literacy. Their vision is that children and youth have the critical thinking skills to engage with media as active and informed digital citizens.