MAY CHAT SCHEDULE:
K-12 Tweet and Talk*: Tuesday May 12th, 1:00PM – 1:30PM EST
K-12 Slow Chat: All month long!
Subscribe to the GlobalEdSsChat YouTube Channel to receive a notification and link when we go live!
TWEET AND TALK *LIVE MAY 12TH AT 1:00PM
MAY CHAT QUESTIONS: #WhatIsSchool
1. How has your idea of “school” changed in the past month?
2. What are the biggest challenges you are facing with remote learning?
3. What are the greatest benefits you’ve experienced with remote learning?
4. What makes “school” different from remote schooling?
5. If you could “do school” anyway you wanted to, how would you do it? Why?
6. What is school?
7. What other questions do you have?
*The same questions will be used for the Slow Chat all month long. We recommend classes spend time answering the questions ahead of time so time during the chat can be spent liking tweets, retweeting, quoting tweets in reply, and collaborating with others.
Tweet and Talk Expert on Panel: Dr. Jennifer Williams
Recognized as a transformational leader in education, Dr. Jennifer Williams has dedicated herself for 25 years to the field of education through her roles as an education activist, professor, school administrator, literacy specialist, and classroom teacher. She is the author of the ISTE book Teach Boldly: Using Edtech for Social Good and is the co-founder of TeachSDGs. In her current work as the Co-founder and Director of Take Action Global non-profit organization, she helps to build schools in refugee camps and remote areas of Africa, and she supports global school programs to empower students and teachers to take action for social good. Jennifer is inspired everyday by teachers and students who are catalysts for making the world a better place!
Connect with Jennifer Williams on Twitter @JenWilliamsEdu